Artists' Reception scheduled for January 12th, 2018
CHAMPLAIN VALLEY PHOTO SLAM 2018
Once again Darkroom Gallery presents an opportunity for everyone in the Champlain Valley region to exhibit their work!
Entry Deadline: December 27, 2017 NOTE: ENTRY DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED
Opening Reception: January 12, 2018
|The Round Pen|
|Great Blue Heron|
|The Hesitant Step|
|Last Sign of Fall|
|A Rose by Name|
|Burst of Cactus|
|Two Shipyard Workers in Cape Town|
|Colchester Pond, 2016|
|Community Center, 2017|
|A Song of Mourning|
|The Lord's Smoke Break|
|Deerfield Valley Dawn|
|Beyond the Mist|
|Intervale Flood Truck|
|Blacksmith at work|
|J. Pidgeon Portrait|
|Crosswords on the Subway|
|Roots on the Shore|
|The Cowboy Lament|
|Fun on the Beach|
|Kat - Emotion 1|
If you live in the Champlain Valley (full or part time) and love making photos, make photos for a living, as a serious passion, or to fill your creative urges, we want to see your best shots.
Submit up to five images, online or by email and we will select and print at least one and display it during a three week exhibition complete with an Artists' Reception at Darkroom Gallery in Essex Junction VT.
For this exhibit, two members of our local photography group Art-in-Photography, Paul Dandurand and Timothy Gottshall, will join with well-known local art collector and eminent supporter of the arts Mark Waskow to select at least one of your images for display. Our previous Photo Slam saw the display of 130 images, and we hope to exceed that number this year.
There will be prizes for First, Second, and Third Place photos, as chosen by the jurors. There will also be a People's Choice prize for the photo that receives the most votes by attendees at the Artist's Reception - that's why it's called a SLAM! Additional door prizes will be provided by local merchants. And we'll have a closing reception on January 27 at which photographers can pick up their photos and chat with other entrants.
|Exhibit Calendar (Subject to Change)|
|Submissions Close:||27 December 17 23:59 EST|
|Selections Announced:||by 3 January 17|
|Exhibit Opens:||12 January 18|
|Artists' Reception:||12 January 18, 19:00|
|Closing Reception||27 January 18, 16:00|
|Exhibit Closes:||27 January 18|
- You must be a full or part time resident of the Champlain Valley and surrounding areas in VT, NY, and QUE
- Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
- All levels of experience are welcome.
- We'll host a digital resizing workshop a few times before the event to help those not familier with the process.
- Submission deadline is 11:59pm on December 27, 2017. All entries must be received by that time with no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be hung at Darkroom Gallery for the duration of the exhibit, Jan 12 to Jan 27, 2018
- We'll host a gala opening reception on January 12 from 7:00 to 10:00pm. Plan on it and bring your family and friends for a fun photo party!
- We'll also host a closing reception where you can pick up your prints, trade with other photographers and talk about your work on January 27
- All entries must be submitted online or by email
- Entries should be high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- Final print sizes will be determined by the total number of entries selected. No entry will be printed at a resolution less than 150 DPI. For example An image 1280 x 1280 pixels can be printed at a maximum size of 8"x8".
- The entry fee is $25 for up to five entries and $15 for students or youths under 18 years old.
- If you submit via email there is an additional $5 fee, so please submit online and save yourself $5 and us some time.
- Your entry fee covers the cost of printing your selected photo(s). All images will be printed by the Gallery.
- The entry fee can be paid online with a credit card or in person at the gallery with cash, check, or credit card.
- All selected entries will be printed on archival paper, displayed on our website, and at Darkroom Gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Entrants own their prints and can pick them up at the gallery during the closing reception or later during gallery hours.
- Photographers can offer their prints for sale, set their own prices and retain all rights to their photographs.