DEADLINE December 11th, 2013 Midnight EST
Juror: Eddie Soloway
Photograph the beauty of nature, five elements provide the foundation for our entire physical world.
Earth, and everything on it, is the product of different combinations of the five basic elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. Everything found in our world is unique because it contains a varying ratio of these five elements.
Whether walking headfirst into a gale of wind or digging our hands into the soil, we possess an inherent familiarity with the elements. All organic and inorganic substances are combinations of them, be it a time-polished rock or a shiny piece of plastic. A multitude of spiritual practices revolve around these five important pieces of the universe.
We are looking for photographic depictions of the natural world. Landscapes, macro and micro shots, abstractions and realistic images that capture the beauty, uniqueness and magic which makes up our planet.
Photo Credits (starting w/ square waterscape, left-right): The Lottery © Geoffrey Agrons, Antarctica Portal © Paul M. Murray, Falling Snow Reflection © Eddie Soloway, West Fork Oak Creek Canyon © Doug Dolde, Summer Forest © Eddie Soloway, Blue Macro #3 © Carl Rubino, Yellow and Orange © Eddie Soloway
|Exhibit Calendar (subject to change)|
|Submissions Close||11-Dec-13 Midnight EST|
|Juror' Choices Announced||by 16-Dec-13|
|On-Line Check-in Due||23-Dec-13|
|Work Receipt Deadline||6-Jan-14|
|Artists Reception||26-Jan-14 4:30-6:30 pm
- All selected entries are exhibited in our gallery and included in a full color exhibit catalog.
- Juror's Choice receives a 30x48" vinyl exhibit banner featuring their image, free entry into a future exhibition, a free exhibition catalog and a signed copy of Beth Moon's book Between Earth and Sky.
- Honorable Mentions receive free exhibition catalogs and free entry in a future exhibition.
- People's Choice gains free entry into a future exhibit.
- We offer free matting and framing of accepted entries for the duration of each of our exhibition, subject to standard sizes. Photographers set their own prices if they wish to sell their work and retain all rights to their photographs.
Juror: Eddie Soloway
Eddie Soloway’s photographs are an expression of his passion and commitment to the natural world. His eye has developed during a lifetime of exploring the earth’s wild places. Former positions in educational workshop design, wilderness program development, and custom fine photographic printing have further honed his expertise. In 1998, Eddie was the first recipient of the Excellence in Photographic Teaching Award presented by the Santa Fe Center for Photography, and in 2011 Photo District News named Eddie one of the country's top workshop instructors. Today he divides his time between making fine-art prints, teaching, speaking on creativity and the photographic life, and furthering photographic publishing projects. He is the author of the book, One Thousand Moons, and the instructional DVD, A Natural Eye Workshop.