Artists' Reception scheduled for TBD
Juror: Stephen Perloff
|Horse-Dog Diné Bikéyahv by Robb Johnson|
A good photograph is knowing where to stand. – Ansel Adams
A corollary to Adams’ statement could be “A good photograph is knowing where to walk”. We’ve all been in places, or ob-served places, where we feel pulled into the scene; where the road, path, river, bridge, tunnel, passageway, lane or ray of sun compels us to see where the way will lead. There’s a mystery in it, the fascination of finding out what lies beyond the limit of vision, in the realm of imagination.
|Exhibit Calendar (Subject to Change)|
|Submissions Close:||12 July 17 23:59 EST|
|Selections Announced:||by 20 July 17|
|On-Line Check-in Due:||28 July 17|
|Work Receipt Deadline:||14 August 17|
|Exhibit Opens:||17 August 17|
|Exhibit Closes:||10 September 17|
How to make a Submission
Submit your work Now
Invite a Photographer
| Horse-Dog Diné Bikéyahv|
|Mondale Rd, 7X; from the series Lessons in Recursion|
|Day is over|
|Narrow Passage, Cardiz, 2017|
|Evening Light on Cobblestone Path|
|Jena In The Woods Number Two|
|Reclaiming the Night (Don't go out...)|
|Lion Houses, Staten Island|
|Smokestack/Cell Tower, Staten Island|
|Lambs Ear Bed |
|Big Big Love|
|It Was a Dark and Stormy Night|
|Road to Dartlo (Georgia)|
|Into the West #1|
|Life Under the Highline|
|Into the Woods|
|Onto Eighth Lake|
|Red Dirt Road|
|The Light of Day|
|Last Train Out of New York City|
|The Straight and the Winding Path #4|
|Morning, San Mateo|
|The Road I'm On|
|Dothan 2, AL - 2014|
|Footbridge, Santa Rosa Beach, FL|
|The Road to Nowhere Never Ends|
- All selected entries are exhibited in our gallery and included in a full color exhibit catalog;
- Juror's Choice receives a 30x48" vinyl exhibit banner featuring their image, free entry into a future exhibition, a free exhibition catalog, and a signed copy of Stephen Perloff's book North Dakota
- Honorable Mentions receive free exhibition catalogs and free entry in a future exhibition.
- People's Choice gains free entry into a future exhibit.
- We offer free matting and framing of accepted entries for the duration of each of our exhibition, subject to standard sizes. Photographers set their own prices if they wish to sell their work and retain all rights to their photographs.
Juror: Stephen Perloff
Stephen Perloff is the founder and editor of The Photo Review (www.photoreview.org), a critical journal of international scope pub-lishing since 1976, and editor of The Photograph Collector, the leading source of information on the photography art market. He has taught photography and the history of photography at numerous colleges and universities. His photographs have appeared in numerous exhibitions and reside in many museum and private collections.
Perloff has been widely praised for his writing about the photography art market and for his extensive reporting on major stories in the photography industry. He has curated more than a score of exhibitions and has also has served as a juror for scores of competitions. His most recent book, North Dakota, was published by wilburerditions in April 2016.