A Community-Wide Photo Happening - This year at ArtsRiot in Burlington
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
Join the photographers for a Reception on
If you live in the Champlain Valley (full or part time) and love making photos, make photos for a living, as a serious passion, or as some say, to get your fix; we want to see your shots.
Submit up to five images, online, by email or by CD and we will select and print at least one and display it during a four week exhibition complete with an artists' reception at the ArtsRiot in Burlington, VT. Download this PDF brochure and send it to your photographer friends.
For this exhibit, three members of our local photography group, Art-in-Photography, will select at least one of your images for display. Juror's will be Polly Raine, Denise Johnson and Ken Signorello. Last year we displayed 130 images and we want to beat that this year.
This year we are teaming up with the ArtsRiot at 420 Pine St, Burlington, VT. We'll house the exhibition there for a total of four weeks with our reception and the Photo Slam itself on May 25th at 5:30 pm. We'll award 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes from LeZot Camera and we'll have a cache of door prizes. Pass the word to all your photographer friends.
We'll also have a closing reception on June 23rd at 4:30 pm where photographers can talk about their work, swap and pick up their prints on June 24th.
We are joining with the PHOTOSTOP Gallery in White River Junction for their fourth Upper Valley PhotoSlam If you live in the Connecticut River Valley on the east coast of Vermont or in the central section, the UV PhotoSlam is in the works. Stay tuned.
|Exhibit Calendar (subject to change)
This is a Photo Slam! So at the opening reception there will be voting for a first, second and third prize winner with prizes provided by LeZot Camera.
Photographers can also offer their work for sale and set their own prices and retain all rights to their photographs.
|Submissions Close||24-Apr Midnight EST|
||25-May-13 5:30 pm|
||23-June-13 4:30 pm|
- You must be a full or part time resident of the Champlain Valley (see towns listed below) .
- Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
- All levels of experience are welcome.
- We'll host a digital resizing workshop a few times before the event to help those not familier with the process.
- Submission deadline is Midnight April 24th, 2013. All entries must be received by April 24th, no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be hung in the ArtsRiot gallery for the duration of the exhibit, May 24-June 23.
- We'll host an opening reception on May 25th from 5-8 pm during VT Open Studio Weekend. Plan on it and bring your entourage for a fun photo party! Oh yeah, there will be audience determined prize (It's a SLAM) and door prizes.
- We'll also host a closing reception where you can pick up your prints, trade with other photographers and talk about your work on June 23rd.
- All entries must be submitted on-line, by email or CD via any delivery method as long as they arrive on time.
- Entries should be high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- We will be running mini workshops on image resizing, check the Slam web page for details.
- Final print sizes will be determined by the total number of entries selected. No entry will be printed at a resolution less than 150 DPI. For example An image 1280 x 1280 pixels can be printed at a maximum size of 8"x8".
- The entry fee is $20 for up to five entries and $10 for students or youths under 18 years old.
- Youths under 18 and students must request a coupon to get the reduced rate. You can email a scan or photo of your student ID to info@DarkroomGallery.com or call the gallery (802) 777-FOTO during regular hours 11-4 every day to get a coupon.
- If you submit via email, CD, or walk in, there is an additional $5 fee, so please submit on-line and save yourself $5 and us some time.
- Your entry fee covers the cost of printing your selected photo(s). All images will be printed by the Gallery.
- The entry fee can be paid online with a credit card by check, or cash.
- All selected entries will be printed on archive paper, displayed on our website, and at the ArtsRiot gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Photographers can offer their prints for sale, set their own prices and retain all rights to their photographs.